1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Esteem Test

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lawrence, Dec 8, 2014.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

"This inventory has statements built into it to detect how honest your responses are. Is it possible that in your effort to appear to have a high self-esteem level you did not anwser all the questions acurrately? If so you might want to take the assessment again to get a more realistic picture of your self-esteem level.

Indications are you are comfortable enough with who you are to not hold yourself back from having a happy life.

You are certainly aware you are not perfect and you have moments of self-doubt. At times you might even chide yourself, and be overly sensitive to the criticisms of others. However, none of the above makes you distance yourself from others for long, or stop moving toward your goals. While you may not be comfortable in certain social situations, they do not intimidate you to the point of fleeing. Nor are you so riddled with self-doubt that you are rarely able to speak your mind, or defend your position on a particular issue.

Fortunately, like most of us your sense of self-worth does not allow you to make a habit of devaluing yourself unrealistically. You do not forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done. In relationships you do not habitually play the role of tyrant or lamb. Overall you are well balanced and adjusted."

Inaccurate! Very much. My self esteem is much higher, and no I wasn't lying you asshole.
    I hate the fact the gender question was there. I'm transgender, but I still love myself. Not my body, but other aspects of myself.
    I'm a very confident person, even overly so.

But I don't spend much time around others, I'm quite isolated. This is probably what made my score so low. But I like it this way, and it has nothing to do with what I think of myself.
    And in relationships, I'm the dominant one.

2. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Self-Esteem Inventory
    Your Score is 60 Percent

Quite right I guess, I'm happy lately :slight_smile:

3. cuppycake

82, huh. Good, good. I like that :з I like both 8, and 2. They are, in fact, my favorite numbers.

Now, as to the legitimacy of the result, I'd say it's correct. Of course, if I were in a worse mood, I suppose I could get a slightly different result, but it would still be high, because:
    I'm just mean like that, heh.

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    84%

The problem with some of the questions were that they were worded always or never.

My self confidence was tested earlier this year when I trying to learn a new skill, and was having trouble with one important part. The instructor basically told me I should just give up.
    Before I did that, someone suggested I get with a different instructor. I quickly learned the problem wasn't just all me. In a short time I aced that skill. I would've never known what the problem was if I'd just given up.

#64 sldanlm, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  5. DinelodiiGitli

38%? I think that's just a *bit* too generous.

6. Dented

"It appears that you have a very low self-esteem level. Low self-esteem points to a number of behaviors you may want to shed. Generally people at this level tend to be uncomfortable in many social situations. They are more likely to suffer from depression and display irritation and aggression. Insomnia and other psychosomatic illnesses also occur more often in the low self-esteem population. They may find it difficult to maintain stable relationships with others as well. Inferiority complexes are frequently thought of as manifestations of very low self-esteem."

Yup. Seems about right.

7. Silas

I got 28%...

8. SeerOfHeart

Ninety percent... that's almost ridiculously high.

"People with genuinely high self-esteem are quite different. They are aware they are not perfect, but feel so good about themselves that they rarely dwell on their frailties. They accept themselves as they are, which makes them feel good about themselves. Just as important, they accept others as they are, which makes those around them feel good about themselves. Those with high self-esteem have the ability to bring out the very best in themselves. Often they give those around them the gift of bringing the very best out in them as well."

That sounds about right for the most part (I like to think so, at least), and I really hope I can bring out the best in other people too!

9. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, lord. I scored lower than I thought I might. 20%

Your Score is 20 Percent: It appears that you have a very low self-esteem level. Low self-esteem points to a number of behaviors you may want to shed...ect.

10. Snever2late

76% Sounds about right...I know who I am and what I want, and I don't really have any regrets because everything that's come before has brought me here. Sure, there are some pieces of the puzzle missing, but that's the point, right?

11. the haunted

12. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    66%. I think it's a fair and accurate reflection.

13. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I sodding know the work I do at work is not the best I can do, because I don't care for my job at all. :lol:

Some of these questions are a bit daft.
    Of course I'm not always happy, who is? I'm just always content with myself.

#73 Black Raven, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  14. SecretRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your Score is 50 Percent

Indications are you are comfortable enough with who you are to not hold yourself back from having a happy life.

You are certainly aware you are not perfect and you have moments of self-doubt. At times you might even chide yourself, and be overly sensitive to the criticisms of others. However, none of the above makes you distance yourself from others for long, or stop moving toward your goals. While you may not be comfortable in certain social situations, they do not intimidate you to the point of fleeing. Nor are you so riddled with self-doubt that you are rarely able to speak your mind, or defend your position on a particular issue.

Fortunately, like most of us your sense of self-worth does not allow you to make a habit of devaluing yourself unrealistically. You do not forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done. In relationships you do not habitually play the role of tyrant or lamb. Overall you are well balanced and adjusted.

15. IrishEyes1989

My score was 42, which I thought sounded pretty low, but it's actually within the average range on their scale. I know for a fact that it would have been lower had I taken this test a year ago. I'm feeling quite good about myself at the moment but it has been hard work to get to this point. I still suffer from depression (I suspect I always will) but it is fairly under control right now, which is allowing me to feel more normal and stable than I have probably since I was a kid to be honest. I doubt I'll ever have high self-esteem because that's just not me. I've always tended towards doubting myself and I am absolutely not an optimistic person, and I accept those facts. It's just who I am. I feel that I have more of a realistic view of the world and myself right now than I ever have before and I feel like that alone has given me a bit more confidence. I know who I am and I'm owning it for the first time in my life.

---

Here is the write-up that accompanied my score on the test:

Fortunately, like most of us your sense of self-worth does not allow you to make a habit of devaluing yourself unrealistically. You do not forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done. In relationships you do not habitually play the role of tyrant or lamb. Overall you are well balanced and adjusted.

16. Kiwigirl18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your Score is 30 Percent

I kind of thought I would get a bit higher, however this actually describes me pretty well.

17. ChameleonSoul

I got 28%. Hmm... I actually scored higher than I thought.

18. robclem21

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

84% (that's probably way more than it would have been a year ago)

I mean, I know I've got loads of things I can work on and I'm not perfect but I like who I am and where things are going in my life. I mean, some of it can be debatable. I hope I'm likable.

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2014 at 12:44 PM ----------

I took the gender question as meaning the gender I identified as. Is that how it's supposed to be answered?

20. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone