1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Matters More To You: Personality or Aesthetics ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FizzDurand, Feb 5, 2011.

1. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

I think its a mix of both for me although looks do meen about 60% to me im very picky :eusa_naug

2. Flyers2011

I want someone who has a great personality. And someone who I can do alot of fun activities with, like mountain biking. I couldn't be with someone who had a terrible personality. It would make my life miserable.

Looks do matter in some cases, but as long as I'm attracted to that person that's the only thing that matters. Also, I think that person who I'm with should care about what they look like. I think they should have some personal hygiene standards.

3. MMAnick

Looks do play a good part to me because its that initial attraction that pulls me in at first but it wouldn't be the most important thing because I have fallen for someone that would normally be outside what I am initially attracted to but their personality made them much more attractive causing me to fine other physical features that I like about there person as well.

4. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personality! I like dicks, I don't want to date one.

5. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

best response so far :grin: (!)

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not even close - personality. I met my partner online, and had started to fall for him before I even had any idea what he looked like. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Sylver

Totally, same here. When you experience a connection on an emotional and spiritual level, it's beyond words. Besides, looks are subjective. What looks ugly or boring to one person could look sexy and exciting to another. I say - go for the connection! :thumbsup:

8. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

so true there is a boy at my school that all of my friends think are ugly when in fact i think he is extremely attractive :grin: x

9. Airplanes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me its personality above all else, but if they are hot, then added bonus. :slight_smile:

10. maverick

Personality, easy. Being easy on the eyes is just icing on the cake.

11. RedState

when you get down to it, personality always wins out. Looks fade over time.
    Although looks certainly don't hurt...I mean, I don't want to mess around with Quasimoto or anything.

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

It's like 70% personality, 30% looks for me. If they're cute or hot that's great, but that isn't why I want to be with someone.

13. VampConspiracy

Personality. Looks are just extra points. Assholes are forever, looks are temporary.

14. Beachboi92

I won't go out of my way to approach someone i don't find attractive however if i get to know someone i find myself finding them more attractive. I guess i begin to focus on more positive features? and if their personality is bad or they are straight i just do the opposite xD so personality i guess is more important but physical appearance is still important. I feel like physical attraction is important in a relationship and i don't think i could date someone i am not physically attracted to because i would feel like i could do better (aka find someone with just as good a personality but who i am physically attracted to). But then again i've yet to meet someone with the perfect personality imo

15. browneyedboy

i think there has to be a balance obviously i have to be physically attracted to the person but if they dont have a nice personality then theyre not worth the effort

16. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Both are important. Looks draw me in at first, but if a guy as a horrible personality and he's a jerk, than no matter how good-looking he is, I won't want to stay with him.

17. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

While I can't put percentages on both, what I can say is that it comes down to this: in the end, personality and emotional connection are what really matters, but if I consider someone attractive, I'm more likely to attempt to facilitate interactions where I can get to know them personally and try to connect with them on an emotional level.

18. Aya McCabre

Looks will always play a part but personality is more important.

19. I'm not gonna lie and say that looks mean nothing to me, but honestly, the prettiest girl in the world would look ugly to me if she had an ugly personality.

20. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say:

Personality: 75%
    Aesthetics: 25%

I think that it would be much easier to be with someone who you actually like... and if it's someone that I actually like, I'll compromise on looks for sure. For instance, I don't like a lot of body hair, but if it's a really cool guy, I'll be fine.