1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, now this just doesn't make any sense.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Can someone explain this to me? My younger sister, who thinks I'm a "fucking faggot" wants me to feel sympathy for her because her boyfriend of TWO DAYS broke up with her. Now I'm not speaking with her and I've told her she is nothing to me and that after I move out I want nothing to do with her again. But when we were talking she talked about how much liked this douche bag me and everyone else told her he is worthless. Well now that he showed his douchy colors she wants every one else to feel bad for her. I'm not, if a vast majority of people say he's an asshole, guess what that prolly means he's an asshole! So now she's went back to verbally attacking me, my parents are pretty much worthless cause they tell her to stop(that's it) than make me caravan her around. So she still has all the benefits of me talking to her w/o me fighting back. Awesome, I know...

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, if that's how you chose to deal with it, you can't be surprised by her reaction.

Lex

3. RaeofLite

...I don't mean to side with her but you could have possibly handled it better. Instead of being immature and saying "Well I'm not talking to you". Give her a book oneducating people about gays. Or be calm and tell her that if she could sympathesize with you about your life, maybe you'll show some sympathy in return and give her better advice.

Rather than "he said" "she said" back and forth to parents and everyone else...

4. Actually this has been a recurring thing that has been going for years now and I have spoken with her about it again and again and so this was my breaking point, I'm done with her, she is nothing to me.
    Oh, and Lex i'm not surprised about her reaction more so about my parents' "well yes she was wrong but we are too lazy to take her places on our own so you have to."

#4 nintenfreak92, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
  5. RaeofLite

Hm, well... maybe she's just one of those "bitchy plastics" that seems to be in highschool now a days. My sis and other relatives deal with those now.

6. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Isn't that line from Mean Girls

With the wonderful Lohan

7. xequar

Question-who pays for the car?

If it's you, then flatly refuse to play taxi for your sister. If you're spending your money for gas and insurance, then tell your sister to walk, and tell your parents that until she's paying your gas in the car, she can find her own way.

If they're paying for the car, well, you're kinda stuck.

8. hannahhrosee

whats up with that?

9. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, here's what you do. Pay the ex-boyfriend 50 dollars to punk your sister. Have him tell her that the only reason that he broke up with her was to hook up with you. Of course have everyone, except her, in on it so that nasty rumors don't start spreading. Or you could actually hook up with him, but that's harder...

10. JT

JT

Off topic. I understand that your sister is less than supportive of you. But be patient with her. You have to understand that at the end of the day, she's family. I know that there are always exceptions but the fact of the matter is that family ties will more times than not outlive those of any other type of relationships.

I've seen a lot of long lasting family problems be resolved over time. Mostly bec people will realize that unnecessary feuding is unnecessary. Sometimes these epiphanies come with time, maturity, and or certain circumstances in their lives

11. Eleanor Rigby

I know your sister is giving you a hard time and that it's nothing new. But remember she is a 14 years old teenager. At that age she is nearly doomed to fail for the wrong guy and have multiplied heartbreaks. It understand it's annoying, but maybe you can size this occasion to try and change your relationship with your sister. Try to be kind, listen to her complains, pat her on the back, and try to play the wise big brother. Maybe she'll stay the same bitchy teenager after this, but you'll never know, that might change something.
    Take care, Eleanor

12. Well now the problem has been solved, kinda. This morning I reached my breaking point. After 4 days of verbal abuse, I snapped. When we were getting to leave for school she told me that I'm going to turn out just like my dad (we have different fathers) and beat my boyfriend some day. I took the keys out of the car and told my mom. She dropped the issue after being yelled at by my mother.

13. RaRa

I'd be more much agressive. Makes me thankful I don't have younger siblings....

14. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    thank you for finally snapping. That's an incredibly hurtful and disrespectful thing she had said.