1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeathNote

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by dayzedlook, Mar 22, 2009.

1. dayzedlook

does anyone here watch deathnote? its by far one of the best and smartest animes out there.I also love how uniquely quirky the personnalities are. My favorite characters are mello(blonde hair) and near(white hair) and matt(redish hair) anyone have their fave characters?

#1 dayzedlook, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I do. There is some good shit in it...but there are others out there like that if you know where to look btw. :wink: I HATED the part when Misa/Light lost their memories because they were just too cartoony and I was like "DAMN! Where'd my God of the new world go!?" My favorite character is Light BEFORE he went psycho with the killing. His ideas were incredible and would've worked but in the end, he too became corrupt and deserved his death. I felt super bad for Mikami.

3. lioness324

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh yeah, I love death note. My only quarrel with it would be Misa....urgh.
    My favorite characters would probably be L (Obviously) and Mello.

4. crystaltriforce

i hated it when they skiped ahead like 10 or 12 years because at that point it was no longer a game of cat and mouse between the two main characters. and that's what made the show good.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I HATED Near though. His cocky attitude makes me wanna pummel him in the face with something Ishouldn't mention! Same way with L. I liked Mello more because he was a bit more gangster-ish. But I wish Light won, seriously. They should make a movie about what would happen if he did. And its because Mikami fucked up too. Its his fault.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I read a scanlated version of the manga online about two years ago - and finished the whole series in three days. I enjoyed it, and it was slightly better than all the shitty action series like Naruto and Bleach, but the text bubbles were tooo loooong and Aizawa kept making the exact same scowlface in every single panel.

Also, fuck you Near.

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Perhaps we need to ban together and create a "We Hate Near" club. hahaha. But really, he did ruin it...

8. Conc3ptChild

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have much love for L. Hes by far my most favored character. I think his personality fit so well into the anime. I was so upset after he died. I also like mellow, not his exterior but his interior. As for Near, i agree lets make a hate group. ^^ I honestly thought that Light was going to win the fight in the end. Light is an annoying character after he gets the death note for awhile. I liked him much more before. Also i was very bummed to see such a cool chacter (matt) get killed so quickly. Anyways I loveeee death note.

^_^

Christopher

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I didnt notice. Lol
    (says the Ryuk avatar and L sig.)

10. Defraction

Ah Death Note... how I miss you so.

Anime was awesome, never read the manga because manga doesn't appeal to me (lol) and the live action movies were okay... Light seems really strange in them though.

11. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Yeah, his end game evil crazy laugh was a little bit ....like...."are you :***: nuts?"
    Whereas in the anime its like... "Goddamn! You're :***: evil..."

"Mwuahahaha~ . . . That's right....I'm Kira..."

12. lioness324

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a friend who is obsessed with Near. She writes the N everywhere. (She's also the drummer in my band and she wrote it on the wall in our practice room)

13. Tom

Tom Guest

Deathnote bored the hell out of me D=

14. HeronsStorm

Absolutely in love with it, possibly the only anime/manga I've ever loved. Most likely because it made me think more than most and didn't use the stupid over dramatic expressions. L had to be my favorite, along with Matt, than Mello, than Near. Light was cool when he was... Crazy. His expressions were freaken hilarious though. And Misa just needed to die.

15. I LOVE DEATHNOTE!!!!

I love how dark it is, and the creative ways for the people to die. By far my favorite charcter was Light. I loved him in the begining and in the end I loved him too. His craziness made him so cooler, I liked how he used some of the people's lives to achieve his goals. I hated Near, he's a cocky little bastard who should have died!

16. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Deathnote was pretty sweet, but i've moved on to code geass and since that ended i'm on to soul eater that's pretty decent, if anyone here wants to watch the entire series of death note again though you can go to www.watchanimenow.com they got a ton of anime on it although most of it's straight from japan and is subtitled in english, some of it's english translated. they ask that you register but you don't have to i didn't

17. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Code Geas was some true badassery. If you finish that...you could watch both seasons of Gundam 00...That show is just as badass as Code Geas. There's a lot of similarities between Light and Luluche Lamperouge. Anyone else notice that?

18. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I watched the film recently was goood but dead complex.

19. Conc3ptChild

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    eh i didnt really like the film. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. danroot4761

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [​IMG]

Seeing as thread has spoilers, I think the true ending needs to be revealed.