1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow Writers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeronsStorm, Mar 5, 2009.

1. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Actually the vid I posted of Yellow Rage is a movement against Asian stereotypes and racism and to demote the idea of 'model minority'. The one is a college professor and the other is a theologist I want to say. They performed very, very well live. And most of the poems were not like that, that's the only one thats like that. The most beautiful one was not recorded and put on Youtube and its about child slavery. The older one was actually crying as she finished it at the University of Oregon. You could tell she had been through something similar.

Grammar isn't usually a problem for me, it's dialogue here. Sometimes I have to fight the goddamn spell check though because it doesn't like how I spell things or wants to auto-correct something that isn't incorrect. -_- And no, sorry, I can only give you the briefest outline of the story. All of my I.P. is strictly guarded until the first publishing. If you want it, just send me a PM.

2. Bunny

Participated in NaNoWriMo twice, never made it past 8,000 words. -sadface-

3. HeronsStorm

Good God, I thought my brain exploded with NaNo! Maybe I'll try this during the summer, not part of the competition, just to see if I can do it... Man, now I'm looking forward to the summer even more and school is going to go slower!

4. pirateninja

Yup, I did NaNo08, and got to 50,000 words. I'm planning on doing Script Frenzy next month too :grin:

Other than that, I write fanfiction, some short stories, and poetry, my most recent one has been sent into the Christopher Tower Poetry Competition (British Competition and for anyone else who's interested: http://www.towerpoetry.org.uk/prize/ )

5. Mana

I started Script Frenzy but gave up... I was gonna enter Sitcom Trials but didn't... I like to write in general though... I did 5 eps of a sitcom, but my computer died and I lost it :frowning2: And a load of other stuff...

6. Ben

Ben

Hah oh! Yes Helen and I did write a bit of a snazzy novel. :grin: We kind of cheated with the having two people but we finished a few days early. But we had fun :slight_smile:

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have trouble getting stuff out onto the page, it's great--it's like giving yourself the ultimate deadline. You don't really have time to do anything than write, write, write. I can't remember how many words I got out but it was around 100 pages double-spaced typed.

8. HeronsStorm

That is really cool! Do you think I could persuade you to let me read it sometime? :icon_bigg

9. Helen

Helen Guest

Well certainly, once I have consulted Ben about how we're going to do this in a way that's allowed.

But I have to warn you in advance, Ben and I wrote it for the sake of writing it, and having a good time. So it really does make almost no sense whatsoever, and is *EXTREMELY* silly.

I do think it's hilarious, though :grin:

10. Hoppip

Helen and I are gonna do NaNoWriMo agaiiin!

And I do hear that Helen is going to do that 3-Day soul purge... er, novel thing. Which sounds disgusting.

I'M ROOTING FOR YOU, HELEN!

I just hope that I'll be able to even have time to write during NaNoWriMo when I'm strung between four AP* classes and all my clubs. But I'm gonna try. And even though I'm a terrible writer and I can't create a plot to save my dear life, I'll try to write something!

And by then, I'll have been in my Literature class enough to get accustomed to fiction. ^_^

*For the English kids: an AP class is an "advanced placement" course, it's college level and you can earn college credit for it. So imagine taking a university course during your sixth form. Now imagine taking four.

11. Helen

Helen Guest

HOLY SCRUNCH O_O

People of Empty Closets, I am going to DO THAT in September 2009. JUST WATCH ME :grin:

12. Hoppip

So, does anyone have any vague ideas about what they're going to write about?

Since I wrote sci-fi last time, I think I want to change it up and do something in the present... I forgot the name for that type of fiction... When it's supposed to be in a realistic present setting... But I want to do it. ^_^

Or maybe I'll just write a diary/memoir. I'm not quite sure.

Any ideas? :O

13. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

If I were to contend in this contest, I'd do something with emotional aspects. Something along the lines that would show social exile and make my protagonist self discover. :grin: Kinda like homosexuality!

14. HeronsStorm

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do this year. 2008 was lucky because I had had an idea for about three months, but I'm not sure about this year. Maybe something fantasyish, to prove what an utter nerd I can be! :grin:

15. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Don't forget to consider your audience. Especially if they're older people as they tend to shy away from it.

16. I never was good at creative writing. I do have enormous respect for those who can do it though; to be able to create such complex universes, characters, settings, personalities etc is so involved and takes an incredible amount of time and effort. The only thing I seem to be good at is reading the creative writing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: which I like to do anyway.