1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls gamers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by summersforecast, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Shaylyn

My competitiveness does not allow me to suck at video games. Gotta beat my dad/step-bro/guy friends at Madden & Wii Sports.

2. gaius

gaius Guest

i know a girl who can own me at guitar hero but thats about it....

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are two types of "girl gamers". One is like...imagine a guy telling you he can actually cook really well, then proceeds to show you how good of a toast and cereal breakfast he can make. The other kind is the one who actually plays and is dedicated to gaming, getting involved in them just as much as any male can. Those kinds are legitimate gamers, to me at least. And those kinds are certainly capable of getting good at games.

4. gaius

gaius Guest

yeah now that i think it pc gamers second up is a woman i think

5. Bunny

Well...I'm biologically female, and I adore gaming. xD Does that count?

6. crystaltriforce

i don't see how that wouldn't count.

7. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

That's so untrue. I have the least interest and skill in video games out of all of my girl friends (and they're all straight).

My guy friends are more into video games than my girl friends, so of course they're better because they play more. But my friend, Liz, can kick anyone's ass at Super Smash.

Overall more guys like video games so overall guys are better, but that's just because there are more guy video gamers. All of my guy friends love video games, and just some of my girl friends like them.

8. Nixon

they can just less play so there is a lack of talented ones vs. the male gamer

9. Vampyrecat

i've been quite the gamer in my day - i don't game any more because I want to concentrate on my studies, but I used to frequently top score in games like Call of Duty 3/2, Halo, Smash Bro's, WoW.
    It was very frustrating to walk into a LAN and be treated like a baby.
    I made up for it by letting them think they were winning and that I was totally crap, and then crushing them.

10. Henrike

Most of the greatest players I've played with in MMO's were/are female. Their skill ramps up with their competitiveness, where one death can give birth to an unstoppable bull-doser. It really is amazing how differently hormones affect both sexes in terms of game performance. XP

11. Bunny

Because...I identify as male?

12. Trumpetplyer23

I'm very skilled at video games. I love almost any kind and I will play almost any kind. So, yeah, your bros are wrong.

13. Tim

Tim

My oldest sister can whoop my butt at rock band, but that's mainly cause I hate the songs, so I don't like to play it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My younger sister has a passing interest in gaming, but she's certainly not 'competitive' or 'hardcore'. Most of the time, she'll play through a game while I help her out - she's more into the story, characters, visuals, and music, not the gameplay itself. Like, she thinks Vivi and Steiner are hilarious but she probably couldn't make it past the Mandragora on her own. So we go through the games together.

15. I know it's untrue. I hate when people say it. At college there'll be a conversation like "So and so is so good at this game." "Is she a lesbian?" It's so dumb

16. Helen

Helen Guest

Yeah, my ex always used to treat me like a bit of a baby when it came to video games.

stupid boy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I would've OWNED HIM at Super Smash Brothers if I ever had the chance. Same applies to Guitar Hero and Resident Evil 4

I'm an avid gamer, and the very idea that women are just naturally worse at video games is a load of bull. Srsly. -_-

17. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I kick arse in any form of the Tony Hawk Series.

And no one fails at The Sims. So I guess I win at that too.

18. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I used to be rather good at some games, I must say. But I don't play much anymore, I'd probably take a while to get any good again.

19. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jackk (GuitarGirl1350) from here can't live without her Nintendo stuff... and I'm a guy but rarely play games, if ever. lol.

20. starfish

Seems like most of the gamers I know have been women. Out side of teenage boys, most guys I know just are not interested in video games, but I know women of all ages that like to play them.