1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror movies that make you uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Vampyrecat

I actually found Wolf Creek terrifying - I couldn't sleep for weeks afterward.

People said I was a wimp - but see - I've actually travelled all through where that movie was filmed. There ARE bullet holes in roadsigns and there ARE people who disappear out there.
    Watching that movie made everything way too real for me, and to this day I refuse to go off on a dirt track (for driving or hiking) when out bush because I'm scared of something bad happening to me.

So yeah. Saw I can watch. The Grudge I can watch. The Ring, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Elfin Lied - all those I can watch but I cannot even look at Wolf Creek without shuddering.

2. BeautifulStranger

I hate the Saw movies because most times they're so unrealistic and the people never ever ever think...
    Like the razor box in Saw 2... If you watch the special features, it shows you where the key to box is in the movie. It's sitting on an end table in the room. Not kidding.
    The point of that challenge was to think and not panic.

Seriously, my first instinct in a situation like that would be to keep my head on straight.

3. Trumpetplyer23

I adore Wolf Creek. That's gotta be one of my favorite slasher flicks. Except for where the part where the killer does the 'head on a stick' thing to the one girl, I can watch it all the way through.

One of my favorite movies is House Of A Thousand Corpses. It's incredible, I love it.

Several horror movies have made me uncomfortable, but the first one to come to mind is Stephen King's It. That movie made me nearly crap myself as a child (My mom was watching it and since it had clowns in it I decided to watch part....) and it still has the same effect to this day.

4. BeautifulStranger

'House of A Thousand Corpses' was pretty good, except for all of the humiliation stuff. That was nasty. Like making the girl kiss her father's skinned corpse.

As for 'It'... that made our entire generation fear clowns.
    I saw the movie when I was about 6... and I read the book in 8th grade. Scared me so much. Still scared to this day.

5. riddlerno1

I usually love horror films but the one i can never watch again.....dont know if many of you guys have heard of it cos it was years ago is IT, the clown film! I saw that when i was 13 and i now truly understand what 18 classifications are for!

6. Trumpetplyer23

I love Stephen King's movies and books, but the one I refuse to read is It.I don't have a phobia of clowns, but Pennywise is the only clown that could scare me.

The one movie that really disturbs me (but I still love) isn't technically a horror movie. A Clockwork Orange is probably one of the most visually disturbing, but greatest films ever made.

7. Hoppip

If that happened to me, I'd definitely panic. I know I'd die in a Saw Trap. I'm not that much of a thinker anyway, and not being able to have time to mentally brace myself would create panic.

Even if it was something so simple. Besides, Jigsaw is crazy, who knows if that key on the table was rigged to make something explode or had an electric wire tied to it. x_x

Jigsaw really is just unfair. His "plans" are only obvious AFTER you hear it from him. Otherwise, logical things still end up killing you in the end with little to no warning.

8. BeautifulStranger

WARNING: SAW 5 SPOILERS

Have you seen Saw 5?
    Every single one of those traps the 5 people went through could've been solved so easily via brainpower. Jigsaw even told them 'Today 5 become 1'. Which implies either murder or teamwork. Jigsaw's traps are never about murder (the traps that are inescapable weren't designed by him. They were designed by Amanda or Hoffman). The only possible option left would be team work.
    The first room: If one person at a time had ran to grab their key, then the last girl wouldn't have gotten decapitated. Instead, they all ran at once, pulled the slack on the machine, thus making the job 100x harder and killing the pretty blonde girl.
    The second room: There was more than enough room for 5 people in the three bomb shelters. That was my first thought when they walked in the room. Instead, the four remaining people fought each other and left one in the room to be killed in an explosion.

Jigsaw, although he is a ficticious psycho, does give everyone a chance.

The only way a SAW trap would kill me is if I had to hurt myself. I don't deal well with pain. Like the blinding trap in Saw 4, or the face cage with the key behind my eye in Saw 2.

Btw, the tracheotomy that the character gives himself to stop him from drowning... that was nasty. I always fear I'll impale my neck on a pen or pencil. And he actually did to save his life.

9. Derek the Wolf

Lol, not exactly.
    Not that dust isn't scary.

10. jazzrawr

Which ones make me uncomfortable?

ALL OF THEM. XD
    I can't do horror movies. Nope. Nuh uh.
    >.<

11. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

i hate horror movies!! they creap me out but surprisingly enough i love to read the summeries aabout them on like imdb or sumthing... i never watch them i just ask my friends how they end. the only horror movie i ever saw was "It" but it took me like 5 years to see it in its entirity

12. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can do horror films, no problem.
    IT didn't freak me out, I slept well that night ^___^ My first childhood toy was a clown...

Blood, guts, gore, bones, whatever, I apprecate the effects and how realistic it looks...

Horror films are pretty much the thing I'll choose to watch if I'm alone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. BeautifulStranger

I love watching them alone too!

14. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I love scary movies, but I'm such a wimp for them.

After I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre I had to sleep with the Disney Channel on.

I've seen the last 30 minutes of the first Saw and I hated it. I refuse to watch any of the Saws.

15. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am also one of those who can handle gore no problem.

The movie Frailty is one I have a hard time watching, it's just too disturbing. I dont know, its weird.

16. Choucho

So, I went and watched It. >.> Maybe it's because I'm 18 and that was my first time watching it, but I just found the movie to be completely ridiculous. >.<

Made me wanna read the book though, to see if it's any better.

17. Daniel16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well the only thing on a horror movie that'll make me uncomfortable is a sex scene, ESPECIALLY if my parents happen to be in the room.
    O.O
    I can handle guts being strewn about, people being burned to death, eyes gouging and popping. I'll probaby either laugh or cheer it all on. but I recently watched The Hills Have Eyes, and I really don't like that movie. it went to far by threatening to put a bullet in a baby's brain just so the mutant could fondle the mother. and I refuse to see the sequal since I've heard that someone actually gets raped, not exactly my cup of tea.
    The Devil's Rejects. now I loved that movie. Baby Firefly is my favorite. :slight_smile:
    but that movie REALLY couldve done without the obnoxious 2 minute long sex scene with a clown. and with Otis putting his gun in bad places of a female hostage. but other than those things, I LOVE the Firefly family.
    :grin:

18. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love horror movies. Probably going to go the The Unborn tonight. Hopefully it will be ok. It will mostly be fun because my friend gets so freaked out by them. Her biggest issue? Creepy little demon children. Needless to say, I don't help the situation. hahahahaha

19. Tim

Tim

Wasn't that implied at the end when they reach the room where they need to fill up the beaker with blood? The fact there were 5 armholes, Brit realized they were supposed to work together?

But yea, I was thinking not too long ago, I'd rather die than stab myself in my eye, etc. I always wondered HOW he got the key behind her eye in the first place <_< >_>

I HATE horror movies, haha.

20. myra

The strangers actually scared the shit outta me. I was home alone alot in high school and lived in the middle of nowhere. Having someone sneak into the house was a deathly fear i had. I would triple check locks at night. And then i saw that movie...i shook through the whole thing.

I've only watched the first saw movie. I didn't like it one bit. Its too disturbing and twisted. Horror movies don't usually bother me, but if they are twisted and demented like that....screw it. i don't need to see it. the people who made those are effed up in the head.