1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost...ALMOST...there..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tokarov, May 3, 2008.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm almost to the point where I just don't care who finds out I'm gay and who doesn't. I KNOW and ACCEPT the fact, that not everyone is gonna like me, or be ok with it, or just flat out hate me.

I know that. I'm out to 13 or 14 people now, all accepting and ok with it.

My mom, I know for sure, will be ok with it. My dad? Not so much, he's...old fashioned as I can say, and is very religous. I'm not sure how he will act. But for right now I will hold off on them.

The thing is, I'm to the point where, coming out at school isn't such a big deal to me anymore.

So I guess I'm asking, do you have to come out to family AND people at school at the same time?

I don't mean come out at school as, I walk up to person A and say "Good morning, I've decided that I won't hide anymore, I'm gay."

How did you guys go about it? Any advice? Or would it just be easier to simply not deny it if people ask me?

I'm proud of what I am. I'm comfortable with it and I've accepted that I've been lucky that ALL 13 or 14 people have been ok with it.

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

2. Grof142007

No It up to when how u come out.

and 2nd I just said yes if someone ask me if iwas gay and if they ask do i have a girlfriend i say no Just not answer to normal str8 questions with a str8 answer

it very easying coming out if u dont deny =) Harder done than said Just becareful with who u come out to KEEP UR SAFETY IN CHECK 1st

3. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what you mean, you dont care but you dont want to shout it to the world. For me I see it as a glass closet, everyone pretty much knows I'm not straight but until you actually tell people you just dont talk about it.

I would say live your life, be you and dont pretend and let people worry about themselves.

4. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I see what your saying.

I don't exactly wanna scream it, but I don't really care what people think anymore.

I guess I could do that "If they ask, won't deny it" The problem is, when people ask, it's hard to tell if there being serious or not. :dry:

5. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah i know that feeling too, use your best judgement. Do you think they genuinelly want to know or will just use it as a platform to mock you. Sometimes youll guess right, other you wont. Its life.

6. Trumpetplyer23

If you want to come out to the entire school, but you don't want to scream it in everyone's faces, just wear something rainbow, like a wristband or a belt.

7. crimsonarcher

Coming out is , in my opinion, easier to do one step at a time. Doing both might be a little stressful(for me) but for you, who knows? In the end, it's all up to you!

8. Alexander

Usually wearing rainbows is a dead giveaway for guys, although it's not a for-sure thing. Just throw in random comments about guys like, "oh he's so hot" and stuff like that. :slight_smile:

9. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol I don't wanna shove it in people faces :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Plus, rainbows aren't my thing.

I guess I can do my "Won't deny if it they ask" the hard part is, people are always joking when they ask.

I guess when someone says something like "you and her are going out?" or "who do you like?" or "you and her should go out!" lol that would be a time!

10. sayitforreals

well, I am at this point more or less. Something actually happened today. Some kid was joking and saying I was gay, and I just dont deny anything. theres no point.. but i think if someone came up and asked, i would just have to tell them.

11. David

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be careful who you come out to. My friend got a broken arm for being gay. If you trust someone and you want to tell them, go for it. But, keeping safety in mind, telling strangers is not wise.