1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing With Crushes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Grantious, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a crush but he doesn't know i like him or that im gay so i dont know what to do his so cute his smilde oh to die for i love getting changed in the change rooms at school his body is so hot i love him but his best frined hates me and i really hate him his an ass hole and very immature!

2. sweetpinkmelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i have a crush and i feel sad to know that it was all a product of my boredom, but thank you for telling me about that. i was really confused why i like this person so much. just want to ask, how can you tell you're already in love and it was not a crush anymore?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it has to do with mindset. Imagine your crush started dating someone. Male, female, whichever. And he said he was really happy in this relationship.

If you're crushing on him, this news will be a crushing blow. You might constantly compare yourself to his new sweetie, keep thinking "S/he's all wrong for him", and may even try to come up with ways to drive a wedge between them.

If you love him, you'll probably feel bad about it not being you, but you'll understand. You'll want him to be happy.

Lex

4. sweetpinkmelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    you are so right. i did felt those things, specially when i see him with his girlfriend. i feel the pain, yet i'm happy that he is in a fine relationship. i haven't talked to him, even once because i feel afraid that he might say something that will hurt my feelings.

5. Chris89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love this! Haha, the first one is definitely so true in my life...I can see all of them working though.
    I'll definitely have to put some of the ones I didn't think of to good use next time a potentially unhealthy crush tempts me.

6. SpiceGirlsAloud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    these are soooo true. thanks for helping me realize that. it really helped

7. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Not wanting to burst your bubble or anything but none of these have worked for me. Mind you I've had a crush on the same person for about a year and a half maybe I'm just beyond hope. :icon_sad:

8. allalone1141

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It sucks when you crush on a straight person. Like me. UGH.

And she hints at disliking you.

I wish it would go away or she would go bi and by some miracle, like ME.

And it's just hopeless. Ahhhh...

:help: :tears:

9. Davey

had a similar situation with a guy.

i dont' think about him as much but he can still bring a smile to my face.

eventually this will pass it won't leave completely but it won't hurt as much to see them.

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

You hit the nail right on the head Grantious.

11. Endlessnight500

I dunno in Highschool I crushed on a guy, then i told him, and we actually grew closer, which was sort of strange to me b/c he was straight as far as i knew, but then we sort of went seperate ways, i still think about him, but i dont know, I just seem to grow apart from my crushes, which i guess is a good thing. sure its annoying while it lasts, and honestly i dont know that i've ever totally gotten over crushing on some people, which isnt a bad thing in my opinion, it doesnt run my life, its more of a reminder of what was. I mean there have been alot of rough times with crushes of mine, but i really dont crush on many people that i dont know. So i've had alot of good times with these people, and when i think about them it reminds me of those times. i dont regret any crush i had. Each crush i had has changed me, for the better i like to hope. So i dont know if totally eradicating your "crush" from your thoughts is the way to go. I think you should go more for controling how much energy you actually put into the crush.

12. Grantious

i can't belive this is still here!!! LOLZ

13. LuckyDalek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for this. I have been crushing hard for someone unobtainable. Looking at things with this mindset has helped, just after reading it and thinking a bit about it.

And the advice from the other posts just adds to the healing process.

14. dahlia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was sad and lonely. My crush found me. I didn't realize it at the time, but she had a big crush on me. She got my phone number and started texting me. We became great friends. Intimate friends. We spoke all the time. Then along the way I developed a crush on her. Big time. I couldn't stop thinking of her. I still can't stop. We had some very special times when I confessed to her that I had feelings for her. She was a free spirit and flirted with everyone and anyone, which I didn't like but I accepted. But along the way, she met someone new and is with her now. When she met this person, she became very distant to me and "we" as I knew it for many years, died. I am crushed. I think about how much I miss talking to her and seeing her. I think about her all the time. I look at my phone, checking in vain to see if she will text me that she misses me. Nothing. It is torture. I pray your advise works. Thanks so much.

15. Grantious

believe me it can be tough! i sometimes think of the person that i wrote this about... but its way in history! n i wish you the best!

16. BadWolf5

Thats great advice. It would apply to any other
    crushes I've had before. Except for this major
    crush I have on my best friend. I know she doesn't
    love me back but I don't care. I don't want to distance
    myself from her and I don't want to find new friends.
    I want to spend all of eternity with her even if we are just
    friends. And I don't want to concentrate on her flaws.
    I know that she has many flaws and thats what I love
    about her, how she isn't perfect. So how do I get over
    a crush that I don't want to get over?

17. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've got a crush and I got serious problems with it. He doesn't know I'm gay, and he is clearly gay, he came out to everyone and by his profile, he looks like to show himself up a lot, he's into dance clubs and a lot of stuff I don't like.

I feel confused and a lot of questions cometo my mind. This topic made some of them get clearer in my mind.

Idk if this is by the rules, but help me in my thread. Thanks in advance.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...not-so-well-planned-but-still-valid-work.html