1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to journal your thoughts on your sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jjusa, Sep 15, 2021.

1. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how to journal, really. I don't know where I would start when writing about being confused about your sexual orienation. What do people usually write about in their journals? What are some good questions to start with? Mostly I want to transfer my thoughts onto paper but I'm feeling really distressed about it. Thanks.

2. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just use a writing program (scrivener) and make different documents in it where I write down what I'm thinking and feeling.

jjusa likes this.
  3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are lots of journaling videos on YouTube, where you could get lots of good tips on how to start doing it. Personally I was never good at it and lack patience for it.
    Recently I needed to get my thoughts in order, so I just wrote a letter. I didn’t even expect it to become a long letter, but once I started the thoughts just flowed onto the paper.
    Maybe start writing about things that confuse you about your sexual orientation. And then go from there. Maybe think about why these thoughts confuse you and so on. Write about any experiences you’ve ever have been through. About any crushes you have had in the past or have now.

jjusa likes this.
  4. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. That I am unable to settle on any identity, that no matter what I do I can't be convinced that I am anything other than straight

2. I can't seem to define my thoughts and feelings when I am around people

3. That I am not sure if I am genuinely attracted to someone. Shouldn't gay people know when they are attracted to the same sex? Omg what if I am asexual?

4. Although I consider myself to be aromantic, I also fear that I will not find love and get insanely jealous when certain ppl are dating other ppl. Contradictory thought #1

5. That I don't feel confident saying that I am not straight around people, that I am probably lying or pretending to be not straight; but I don't like it when people think that I'm straight. Contradictory thought #2

6. I question my sexual orientation every day and even as more time goes by and I get older, I'm still stuck at level 0

I will write this all in my journal. Thanks for helping me get started

itsuka likes this.
  5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad I could help a bit. You will figure it out eventually. In my case it's all a bit different. I always knew I like men, because I did get lots of crushes. I can't even imagine being with a woman. It's not for me. Some people figure it out right away, but others need time to figure out their sexual orientations and some even try to deny that they like same sex. We are all different.

itsuka and jjusa like this.
  6. Sadness

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is actually nice. Is good to write about what you think about when you feel down. I agree with Rayland. I wish i had this idea some years ago. My thought process wouldnt be so messed up.

Hope you answer this questions soon!