1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL IS BACK!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Poofter, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure how many of us there are lurking about in here, but I am a Hockey fan. I love watching it, I listen to SXM radio shows about it, and I enjoy talking about it!

I am a Chicago Blackhawks fan. They have been my team for years! Through thick and thin. And this year is a rebuild season so it’s probably going to be a long year for me without much hope of making the playoffs. But to watch Patrick Kane handle the puck and skate with the same kind of intuition and grace as Wayne Gretzky is amazing. Corey Crawford retired at the beginning g of the season and team Captain Johnathan Toews is on the long term IR list due to an undisclosed illness. It’s really changed the way they play.

Sabban was in the crease on opening night and proved that he is not a starting goalie as Chicago got slaughtered by Tampa Bay. Delia starting they favored much better.

I am really looking forward to next year and the addition of the Seattle Kraken to the NHL. They will be the 32nd team. There is so much energy building there. And I love their GMs Mission to be a 100% inclusive program to all people.

I have rambled on here lol. What say y’all? What teams you like? Players? Are you looking forward to another expansion?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favourite team's the Vancouver Canucks. I'm not as engaged with the NHL this year as I was in previous years. One of the things I really didn't like hearing was when they traded Markstrom to Calgary since I think he was one of the better goalies on the team.

What I do find surprising though, when watching the highlights of some of the US games, noticing that some places are allowing fans to sit and watch in the arena!

3. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not a huge Hockey fan but would watch if Fox Sports North would get the stick out of their arse and make a deal with Hulu to carry the games. It would have to be the Wild since Dallas took our team. Take the team, leave the name North Stars!

4. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe the only team with a limited fan seating was the Arizona Coyotes. Florida allowed family members. But yeah I get what you’re saying. I was shocked there were people in the seats. Even in limited numbers.

Vancouver is still a solid team this year. But I don’t think you can have a bad team in Canada and survive long. As much as I dislike the Maple Leafs. They are still fairly solid every year.

5. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fun Fact, NBCSN owns broadcast rights to the Wild, the Blackhawks, and the Blues. I can not stream them on my NHL.tv app. However if you have sling, you can use the NBCSN app to stream them.

Being an over the road driver I had an argument with HULU because I can’t use Hulu live. I have to log into home device every couple days or it locks me out. That doesn’t work for me but they say they can’t just make it mobile streaming because of broadcast rights and some law. .

Why do so many teams leave Minnesota? The stars, the redwings, the ducks I believe were Wisconsin. There’s another one I’m forgetting but it’s just crazy how many start there and move elsewhere.

6. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Red Wings have always been Detroit.

Detroit's been my team since I was very young and falling asleep to my grandmother watching every game. I can't watch the games (no cable) but I'm starting to listen to them on the radio again. Listening to the Wings/Blue Jackets game right now, as matter of fact.

Dylan Larkin is my favorite player. I'm so proud of him being named captain this season--I've only been waiting for this moment since he joined the team in 2015. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Most of my other favorites have been traded, but Bobby Ryan's making a good run for my second favorite based on the season so far.

As for the expansion, I can't not love a team called the Seattle Kraken with a badass logo like that. They're already my second favorite team and they don't even exist yet.

7. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stars, Lakers, left and the Twins almost. Been to Target Field only once but it was beautiful so hopefully the Twins will hang around.

8. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like the Caps, and I'm also looking forward to the Seattle Kraken. I don't know much about hockey and am not a longtime fan or anything but I do like it and am interested to get into it a bit more.

9. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you are absolutely correct and I know that Detroit are one of the original 6 teams. Chicago, Boston, New York, Detroit, Toronto and Montreal. I have no idea why Redwings ended up there. Totally meant to put the Lakers.....

And Dude, I think the Kraken may take over the number one spot for me with Chicago being a close second. The Seattle franchise is going to be efing HUGE!

10. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right on. Caps were Stanley Cup Champs 2 years ago (2019 season) Alexander Ovechkin is one hell of a player.

11. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is almost all I know about hockey so far lol. Hell yeah Caps and Ovechkin, I remember the Stanley Cup game

12. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Waiting for puck drop on the Blackhawks v Panthers.

They are starting Lankinen. I am not sure what to think of this. I really hope he maintains the .909 Save% that he had with the Icehogs.

Blackhawks have been getting their asses stomped this season. They are the only playing team that has not had a win yet. Hopefully that turns around tonight!