1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think you are a good person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LailaForbidden, Apr 10, 2017.

?

Do you think you are a good person?

1. yes, most of the time

35 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. no, not at all

14 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. sometimes, it's half and half

23 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. the concept of morality is illogical

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. PixieTink

PixieTink Guest

I do see myself as a good and caring person most of the time. Of course that isn't 100% of the time or I would be phony as shit because there is certainly times when I have my bitchy moments.

2. Simple Thoughts

I mean morality is largely subjective, but based on my own personal moral code which can be broken down to "Do as little harm to others as possible." I would consider myself a good person. I generally stay out of people's way and if I can help someone with something I do try to.

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A few years ago I'd have probably said yes. Now, the answer is pretty much no. I'm angry all the time. I snap at a moment's notice and it makes me think things that are downright monstrous at times. I don't know what to do with all of this anger. I'm becoming a cynical, bitter old man, and I'm only 26.

4. Flowey

Well, I'm certainly not evil. I do laugh at holocaust and 911 jokes. I always pretend beggars don't exist (They are so clingy and annoying). I roll my eyes when internet people act like they care so much for the poor. When I read a sob fb posts my first reaction is "how true is this?". I cringe everytime someone mentions the word empathy or how empathy is the best quality they have. Also, I choose to volunteer in Africa.
    If my most evil traits were a dark sense of humor and an aversion to having-no-sense-of-personal-space beggars, then I would I say I'm plentily good.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's always seemed... odd, for me to categorize myself as being good or bad. Might be a better idea to ask some of those around me. The best answer I could give someone who asks is "It's complicated."

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think quite a few of my traits can seem bitchy, especially to people who don't know me well.

7. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to judge myself harshly a lot of the time.. I practically have no self esteem so.. Yah :shrug:

8. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to say. I don't think morality is necessarily illogical as a concept, but there's certainly times where I've thought the 'right' thing to do in a given situation was totally different from what someone else has thought. I certainly try to conduct myself to a certain moral standard and if I do fall short of it, it's never in a way that poses harm to anyone else.

9. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of the time I think I'm an overall decent person, I try to help people when they need it, hold doors open, all that good stuff. But sometimes I can be a bitch, especially during that time of the month or if certain family members won't stop hounding me or just recently disrespecting my identity (got a name change, they call me old name instead, my dad mostly, it hurts) :frowning2:
    But I try to be a good person, even when I'm going through proverbial hell, others don't have to, if I can make at least one person smile by doing something nice or saying something nice, that's enough for me.

10. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I'm somewhat good if I mean well, and I don't try to hurt others? But I often get discouraged and have a hard time dealing with criticism. Also, I can have a hard time helping others because I'm busy feeling incapable of anything or being afraid of being criticized for failing. (and again, the guilt of not helping at times leads back to feeling incapable) My insecurities usually lie in little remarks made by people around me who don't really mean to be offensive, but it is to me. In the end, I find myself wanting to be away from others, when I still don't want to be lonely.

I wish I had a tougher skin.

11. MichealStrider

I'm not all a good guy but Not all Bad Guy...I is a mix

Yes I did mean to Grammar incorrectly

12. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea same. I have a dark sense of humor but of course I try my best to do the right thing.

13. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The problem that I find with being a good person is that there are a lot of people who tend to find this quality as a weakness and think you are prone to be a pushover. Its unfortunate that once they push you to show that nasty side is when you get the respect that you should have gotten initially because then you are looked upon as being insane or crazy.

14. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

The concept of being either a good or bad person has always seemed a little too black-and-white to me, the world and mind is so much more complex, but i dunno i think i'm pretty average. As are we all probably. It's not like there's a big scale in the sky that measures how "good" or "bad" we are, right?
    I dunno, morals are hard.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#34 Bobsleigh1, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  15. QuinnA

I used to think I was a good person but now I feel like quite a few of my actions are selfish, but then again people say I'm a good person. And maybe they're right, but more often it feels like they just don't know me well enough and so are just saying that.

16. timo

Lol no. I'm terrible. My hobbies include laughing at other people and being bitchy all the time.

I do have my good moments. They're rare though.

17. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I am

Happy days :slight_smile:

18. Rainbows~Exist

Literally me wtf

19. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, but I'm biased.

20. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel guilty being an asshole, which is why I try not to do things that would be considered to be bad for others. At the same time, I find myself in situations where I know I should be behaving in a better way, but resign myself to not do anything about it. Also, due to many hours of playing my dark side Sith warrior character in SWTOR, sometimes I have fantasies of force choking people who I happen to be very angry with. So I don't know. I try to be a good person, I guess.

#40 Weregild, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017