1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have a religion?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by The Wolf, Dec 2, 2015.

1. randomconnorcon

My mum's side of the family are Catholic and my dad's side are Protestant. Neither are very religious, except my paternal grandmother. I was raised Catholic and went to a fairly strict Catholic school, but I figured out from an early age that I'm an Atheist.

2. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Believe in God but no real religion.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was raised baptist but I have pretty much been nonreligious since as long as I can remember. Not gonna say that there is or isn't gods/goddesses because I simple don't know if there are/aren't. Also can't prove that are/aren't either, for all I know the ancient alien theorist have if right.
    I do believe in past lives though.

I'm exteremly open minded though, have friends ranging from christian and wiccian. I believe people have a right to practice whatever religion they believe in so long as they aren't forcing it upon others and/or harming others or themselves.

4. Plattyrex

I'm generally agnostic, but I have a friend from Hati practices Haiti who's family practices Haitian Voodou and I've had her attempt a charm for me once because I was skeptical. It was a money thing and I don't if it actually worked or if I just got really lucky, but apparently they can do these things whenever they want so if it actually works I want some that stuff. Also they have a god for gay people and I thought that was really cool.

#24 Plattyrex, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  5. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm agnostic but I fluctuate between pure agnostism and theistic agnostism. Principally I am a Hindu , mainly because there are no boundaries no labels in Hinduism, you could be atheistic and still be a Hindu! So yes! It gives me freedom to grow spiritually!

6. Posthuman666

In principle and in practice, I am a pagan dual traditioning Heathenry and Celtic Polytheism. But I view my gods and goddess in strange ways. I am also a practicing occultist, centered in Chaos magick, and within Chaos motto of "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" is how I view spirituality. While the occult is not necessarily religious, I am just a lowly human, I can never know if there is or is not a divine being, or what they symbolize. I tend to view my gods more as forces rather than tangible beings. Forces of what? Who the hell knows. Maybe they hear my prayers and answer them, but maybe they are just mist like forms traveling through space and time. It has been said by one wiser than I that myths are something that never happened, but always are. In addition to my already strange path, I do follow the Satanic philosophy put out by The Satanic Temple. I do have a weird dislike of the word "religion" and do not really like to identify as such, but in a weird, liberal way, yes I do. Spiritual, definitely, religious, sure.

7. DinelodiiGitli

I'm an Eclectic Pagan.
    I was raised Christian but my Mom is currently pagan as well.

8. Plattyrex

I didn't realize how terribly incoherent that first sentence came out. Shoot.

9. rave

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was raised stiflingly Christian, but have discarded that & have been practicing Paganism for some years now

10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i am a Christian, i was raised Anglican and my parents saw a calling in the ministry, i didn't. but i am a Christian.

11. happyraindance

I don't consider myself religious, but I am spiritual. I incorporate bits and peices of various religions and philosophies into my life and I enjoy researching other beleifs. I do follow a bit of witchcraft and wicca, and I think there is no one valid religion but many. I'm very open.

12. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was raised to be Christian, but I became atheist before I came out.

I did a lot of thinking, to say the least.

13. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    No religion, but I do hold a vaguely existentialist pseudo-humanist view of life. Also, to the OP, I assume you mean Laveyan Satanism? Or is spiritual Satanism something different?

14. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm somewhere between agnostic and pagan. I was raised "Christian". It was one of those hateful churches that for a long time left me with a very bad impression of Christians.

15. Kodama

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Animism? I suppose it is more appropriately considered a belief system rather than a religion, in my case at least. I do not practice anything but the full respect and possibly borderline-worship for Mother Nature and everything within nature, animals and inanimate 'objects' included. Although I do occasionally draw energy, with permission, from the earth and nature, typically for selfless causes/uses.

I believe that everything in nature has a spiritual essence, and sometimes even man-made objects have the potential to obtain a spirit if given proper acknowledgement/tlc(tender, loving, care). I believe that everything has an individual spiritual essence, however I also believe in Mother Nature, and believe that Mother Nature is an 'invisible' entity which mostly presents herself in natural phenomena/disasters, but also has a portion of her presence/spiritual essence within everything in nature alongside the individual souls in everything, whilst 'overseeing' and/or sensing everything as a sort of guardian/mother/karma-dealer.

I definitely do not believe in a single god/God, other than Mother Nature if you would consider her a deity. However I feel as though something more earthy-sounding(for a lack of a better descriptor?) would suit her better than a god/deity label perhaps.
    I do not believe in hell, heaven or limbo. I believe that angels exist, among many other things out there. I'm somewhat unsure on how I feel about ancient gods, however. I believe there is the potential that they exist, or existed at one time, perhaps. Perhaps I'm just intrigued by the concept of possibility that such entities can exist/existed. *Shrugs*

Additionally for the hell of throwing it out there, though potentially semi-unrelated (apologies), Humans not smarter than animals, just different, experts say I completely agree with this assessment as well; which I bring up mostly on the front that this is a part/extension of my beliefs and my daily living. Although I tend to have a larger lack of respect for man's existence as a whole on a general basis compared to earth/nature/Mother Nature.

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2015 at 04:19 AM ----------

Whoops. Wanted to edit that to a proper phrasing.

#35 Kodama, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  16. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a free thinking Anglican. I go to church regularly and I love the liturgy of the Book of Common Prayer, even if I don't subscribe to many of the ideas.

17. xenu

Definite atheist here.

18. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Born and raised orthodox christian, but I don't consider myself religious. In real life I'm secular and agnostic.

19. The Wolf

Spiritual Satanism is totally different from LaVeyan Satanism. LaVeyan Satanism is a kind of atheism. In Spiritual Satanism you are in connection with Gods(I felt Satan's energy behind me when I did the Dedication Ritual; and I'm planning to find my Guardian Demon).
    Spiritual Satanism differs from LaVeyan Satanism. We are aware of the existence of Satan/Lucifer as an actual being. We are not atheists! In spite of major discrepancies, the Church of Satan, founded 1966, by Anton Szandor LaVey, presently takes an atheistic stance as far as external deities are concerned, and views Satan as only an “archetype.”
    True Satanism preceded Christianity by thousands of years and is based upon total transformation of the soul. Christians are deluded into "accepting Jesus Christ" and "living saved" which is all false. Everything in the Christian religion is false and we prove this beyond all doubts. The Christian "saved" hoax is based upon stolen and corrupted knowledge of alchemy, where one truly works spiritually to transform one's soul into godhead.
    Unlike most religions, Spiritual Satanism encourages one to question everything. Being one's personal best and exceeding limitations are the essence of Spiritual Satanism and this begins with using one's brains to their maximum potential.
    Spiritual Satanism does not in any way conflict with science. We strongly encourage and support all scientific knowledge and enquiry. We are well aware humanity is dangerously behind in scientific knowledge and understanding due to centuries of oppression by Christianity. We believe that all spiritual and paranormal phenomena can be scientifically explained in a rational manner; scientific knowledge has not yet progressed far enough to comprehend or explain much of the so-called "supernatural."
    In fact, the Demons are ancient Gods from Egypt. Satan and Demons are Enki aliens and they are from Orion.
    I love Spiritual Satanism because I can communicate with Demons(with Satan is harder) and because they accept LGBT. I know many members from LGBT who are Spiritual Satanist, they have a big group on yahoo groups.
    Spiritual Satanism is about knowing yourself, witchcraft, meditations and other things like that :slight_smile:
    If someone is interested, you can read more about Spiritual Satanism here and about LGBT Spiritual Satanists here

20. KoffeeMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lutheran Christian, but I'm not really too religious. I believe I'm a pending athiest/LaVeyan Satanist. (Practically atheism still, but has the slightest difference.) I'll stick to calling myself Lutheran until I discover my actual religion.

#40 KoffeeMonster, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015