1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boring mall job and people watching- realizing my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tapsilog2012, Aug 3, 2012.

1. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

So I was unemployed for a long time and finally got a boring job in a mall kiosk 3 days ago. Im finding this kind of constructive though, because I sit there and make tallies of how many guys that walk by I find attractive versus how many girls. It's helping me realize my gayness because the girls are far outnumbering the guys to the point it's kind of ridiculous

Has anyone else done something like this at a boring job?

#1 tapsilog2012, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The closest I got to tallying anything for a job, was counting fish boxes being unloaded from a russian ship. have to say, those guys can drink, coming from a namibian that's saying something.

3. Chrissouth53

I kind of do that walking around at lunch. As a guy I'm finding that I look at the women and find them attractive more than guys. but when I look at a guy, I don't get stimulated, and there are a lot of guys running without shirts on, guys in suits, etc...

but from a sexual standpoint, I prefer a guy.

So I'm not sure the tally can really be used a a gauge of "gayness".

4. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! When I started actually looking at the possibility I might be gay, I checked out *all* the guys I was waiting on (I'm a waiter in a fancy restaurant), and objectified them sexually. Like I was deciding if I found them hot or not...

5. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

Well I'm doing more than just seeing "attractiveness" from an aesthetic sense, I mean, Im (as subtly as I can) undressing people with my eyes and trying to figure out who I would want to have sex with.

Wow I sound like such a perv now....:icon_redf

The girls dont seem to notice but I have had some guys look at me in surprise and confusion that I was giving them the "up and down look". As a woman, I am used to this treatment :rolle:

6. musicismylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I did this when I worked at a mall kiosk 4-5 years ago. I checked out more girls than guys.

7. LookingtoAffirm

best forum title/description ever lol

8. Curly

I wouldn't say boring mall job . . . but I had a boring subway ride to and from work and it's 40 mins each way. Rush hour commute. Lots of interesting people.

Instead of "realizing" my sexuality, I think I just tried really really hard to check out guys in the hopes that maybe I will find them appealing. It just never worked out.

Then I realized how many girls actually take the subway :wink: