1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idk if I want to go to Heaven.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoinStag, Sep 23, 2010.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I'm saying I want to go to hell, but I'm not in touch with religion at all anymore. I'm disgusted by the way it attacks gays. When I hear people describe Heaven they always say "it's a place with all good and no bad", well to the church, gay is bad. If I went to Heaven, I wouldn't even be able to be myself.

I'm not even sure if Heaven is real. I don't know what to think. I've been brought up to believe in Heaven, but I'm not so sure if I do. It kinda bothers me.

2. Gir Zim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please don't let others take God out of your life,God loves you and will judge you with equity,meaning he will judge you equal to everyone else,so don't listen to people and there opinions because our mission as human beings is to spread love,equality and peace...to treat others the way we want to be treated and if you do this,everything else will fall in place and you will be fine :slight_smile:

3. Eric

This reminds me of what my cousin said about going to heaven. He said (to paraphrase):
    I'd hate heaven. Everyone's probably such a snob up there, they'd always be like "no, don't do that. No don't do this."

In the end, the only thing that matters is your interpretation of God. Ask yourself a few questions:
    Do you believe in God?
    If so, do you believe any one religion truly speaks for him?
    What do you think God would want for you if he does exist? Happiness or doubt and hatred for yourself?

To me, it's not important that you follow bigots and hypocrits if you want to get into heaven, it's more about living a good life, and following God's intentions, if you believe in him and if you honestly think he would want nothing more than for you than to he happy.
    Really, in the end, it's about what you believe in, not what the preachers do. Besides, I don't think Heaven is like some kind of VIP room where only people belonging to a certain group get in. :slight_smile:

4. Danny19

dont listen to those people... Honestly im not so in touch with religion either. I dont even remember the last time i went to church. I dont let those people get to me and u shouldnt either. The only ones that know how heaven is are the people who r there and God. How will the people that never been there know how it is. Its like Trying to describe Disneyland if u have never been there or you have never seen pictures. you get me? Just screw them, and just believe what you think is right. Just my opinion

5. Gir Zim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the bigoted religious nuts most likely won't be there in heaven,Jesus always condemned hypocritical religious people, last time i checked haters don't go to heaven,and heaven is a place of paradise,peace,love;not hate
    So don't worry because God wants you to trust him and Even Jesus welcomed the outcast ,so called sinners. He was an outcast himself! :slight_smile: <3 <3

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See here's the way I look at it my friend.

There's God's heaven, and then there's religion's heaven. They're two different things. There's religion's heaven who tell you gays don't belong there and who are snobs. And there's God's heaven where everything is beautiful and light and just everything you'd dream it to be.

Just saying :slight_smile:

7. Frer3

I think there is a special place in heaven reserved for gay people. A wonderful place where we can live without fear of haters, where we can be free to be our fabulous selves. If God created you gay, he can't condemn you for it. He created you the way you are, so there's nothing wrong with it. It's the church's fault, not yours.

8. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sexuality would be kind of meaningless in heaven anyway. I mean at that point, you're dead. Your body is gone. All that will matter at that point is what's in your heart and soul.

9. Just Adam

if all else fails try Valhalla .. its on the same bust route to mt Olympus

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was about at your age when i began to see most modern religions as corrupt, self-aggrandised, hypocritical, discriminatory, and tax-exempt (!!!) corporations holding on to power by posing as the one and only 'agency of god'.

If you want to hold on to the concept of god, that's fine, you're entitled to hold onto it, you don't need religion to do so... but religion is necessarily riddled with corruptions large and small, as a result of the inherent imperfections of people in general.

Don't let other people (who may or may not be less intelligent, compassionate, accepting, and open minded than you) dictate your idea of heaven and god. Dictate that for yourself.

11. xequar

Consider this:

I enjoy playing "violent" video games from time to time, like Grand Theft Auto. Obviously, killing people and stealing cars are both sins, of the "etched in the stone" variety. Heaven's allegedly a place of happiness and pleasure, but if I wanted to play GTA in Heaven, I couldn't.

Wait, if I can't enjoy certain things in Heaven, then why again do I want to be there?

Conversely, Hell's allegedly such an awful horrible place. But, I guarantee I would have fun. GTA, sex, bondage, getting high from time to time... Sounds like the place to be.

From my vantage point, I see no real point to the idea of Heaven and Hell, as they seem like the epitome of lies to me, and without Heaven and Hell, the reward if you will, then religion really has no point.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I had a quarter for each time I’ve had a God vs Gay discussion I’d richer then Bill Gates, if I had a dime I’d richer then Martha Steward.
    Take one message of hope, mix in a bunch of old men who are looking to exploit that message for power and profit, and you get organized religion.
    The Bible was written over 2,000 years ago, I always find it funny how some ideals are updated but the ones that spread hate always seem to stick around.
    There are rules for selling your daughter into slavery and rules for beating slaves, but no one ever seems to bring that up.
    Just remember: Jesus had two fathers and he turned out ok.

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not all of it

in fact the new testament was mostly written after christ i think

14. yourillusion

It's hard, but the haters will always hate and it's best not to listen to them. Sounds silly, but true. I've been told too many times, 'God don't make no junk'... Not sure who said it. Personally I believe God is a God of love, and it's the 'church', or certain churches who created this idea that gay is bad. People need to push others down to make themselves feel better. :frowning2:

15. someguy82

Personally I don't believe in an afterlife and focus on the here and now. Being a good person and making the right decisions shouldn't have anything to do with religion, and honestly it should just be how people are. If there is a god, and the bible is right and gays are evil, so be it, I'll go to hell knowing inside that I was a good person, and that I did the best I could because of it. I've been an atheist for a long time now because I think so many people focus too much on religion or the concept of an afterlife while ignoring the present and reality. You don't feed a starving person because it's the Christian thing to do, you do it because it's the right thing to do.

At this point if I were you I'd stop worrying about an afterlife or letting a book written thousands of years ago, retranslated/mistranslated/reinterpreted a billion times over dictate your life, and just go what's in your heart. To be honest, the reality is that humanity, friends, close relationships, family and society are far more interesting and fascinating than any god could ever be, and why waste the time you have with them focusing on a spiritual ideal that can't be proven and that few if anyone can live up to.

Maybe it's a cold logical way to view the world. But there's plenty of mystery, magic and wonder to life without having to throw spirituality into the mix.

#15 someguy82, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  16. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i feel flatterd by the deeply religous, bare with me on this, they believe god can do anything he can fight anything, except his urge to make gay people!!!
    :roflmao:

the point is if they want to base thier faith on that kinda message i think its funny, because they put so much time and effort into it for no legitamet reason. if they put that kind of effort into benifiting society, the world would be a much better place!
    (!)

#16 darkcheesse, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That basically is the same as saying all gays should just be put on an island >_>

18. someguy82

Also, I'm not very "fabulous" at all. So that really doesn't sound very appealing to me.

19. Gir Zim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just found this,it made me so happy,i never knew it existed :slight_smile:
    Isaiah 29:13 "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men

20. Darkwing65

So, correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think the OP said anything about God nor Bible. He brought up heaven. For me, heaven doesn't exist in our plain of existence. Our understanding of heaven is confined to our own plain of existence. We can only project our finite understanding onto it. Honestly, I think it is unwise to dwell excessively on that which we cannot know. Time is an illusion, the past is gone and the future unseen. Our time is now, in the present. Live life to the fullest and to the best of your ability, respecting those and that which are around you, and heaven wont matter.