1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Coming Out Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lady Gaga, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I just want to make this clear, I am posting this so people might benefit from it. People might realize their issues aren't terribly bad, or maybe a stray homophobe will read this.

That's the only reason I am posting, because the thought of telling people this makes me uncomfortable. So enjoy! :grin:

The reason it's in quotes is because I sent this in a PM to someone, and I was too lazy to remove them.

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for posting it ... I really did appreciate it when you sent it to me, so I'm sure that others will as well.

3. theJosephDean

Wow... That's actually a pretty emotional story though.

O__o This upsets me as a gay guy, as a human being, and most importantly as a future educator. The fact that people like this are allowed to be put in charge of children... it sickens me.

I'm glad that you seem to have overcome it though. =3 I agree with Steve - a lot of people will appreciate this :slight_smile:

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

<3 Yay
    I agree. And <3 yay again! :grin:

5. Allistair

Allistair Guest

That's a great story to share with other's so that it might give them some hope and so that they might know that they aren't alone when thing's like that happen to them. Also in my opinion that Principal should be fired, there's no excuse for saying that to a student who's being treated that way.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, what the hell does this have to do with health class? Seriously, if a teacher can't keep their personal beliefs out of a classroom then they have no business guiding our future generations in the first place. And don't even get me started on that so called "principal". People like that should be put into a bubble so that they can't go around spraying hatred all over the rest of the world.

Overall I found your story exceptionally inspiring. Thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:

7. Spectre

I am sorry to hear that you have struggled so much along your path. I hope it will only get better from here. (*hug*)

#7 Spectre, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  8. jonny

If I could still cry. I totally would. I'm glad lifes treating u a little better now. Know that we are all in ur corner fighting and hoping for the best for u. Thank you for sharing ur story with us. I know it takes alot.

9. jonnybroney

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out about a month ago, and well lets just say it wasn't the best idea for my school. There are 3 gay's in my school out of 1,800 students. Wow so you can tell that you get alot of shit for being gay in my school. people always come up too you and ask, "IS IT TRUE???", i say "Yup =(" they reply while running away or standing there giving you a face that just makes you feel like shit "I cant... Ahh wha???? omg you sat next to me/ on my lap and you liked it???? ahhh ewww" well thats my life right now i have one friend that actually makes me feel better, but ohh well. "the real test of good friendship is to throw them in a pool of emotions and stuff that you do and if the swim keep them if they sink let them drown because the should" thats what my friend keeps saying to me but really i just want to throw my hood up and fade into darkness. also my one first crush i ever had so far screwed me over, first making out with me then in a text saying that we cant be together because of a 2 years difference, 2 years in my school for relationships for gays in nothing!! wow =( not the best school year i have had.

10. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Thank you <3
    Aww :3 Thank you very much (&&&)
    Aww, it'll be okay eventually! :kiss:

11. werekid

wow just wow i do not know what to say

12. Jeffanboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree with everyone else. You should post a complaint about discrimination in your old school to the school board. You have to have a strong will to not have commited suicide. I hope you never have to deal with that again.(*hug*)
    I came out pretty quickly because the person I liked encouraged me to. They were dating someone with a two year difference and I envied him for dating someone in a different school, leaving me one of the only two gays in my school since he graduated. The other one has addiction issues and doesn't seem to care. Freshman year could have been better. You have a really good friend to have told you about the swimming comment. People can be so cruel, but it's telling the ones that do it on purpose and the ones that are confused that really matters. Some of the people that totally hate me now have done things with other guys in the locker room:eusa_doh:; I have a closeted witness to prove it, plus the way they are, that doesn't surprise me. Again, at least you keep moving, thats the best quality that people can have. Not just for themselves, but also for their own survival.

13. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ouch. Sorry you have to encounter so much living hatred. Obviously you have been a gift to them as in some small way you have initiated the process of opening their eyes to what is important in life. They will see someday how foolish they were, and their growth is attributable to you! Keep yourself safe, though. Cheers.