1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this bothers me bad... but am i a bad person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jerr, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Jerr

didnt feel like acualy separating it all... but mainly i just wanted to point out... the camp thing was a joke... it was said in an extream joking manner... cha i did know about that small world war 2 incident with the hitlers and the camps (acualy did a report on ...ok i wont spell these right but yea... auschwitz and sobibor) i know what horrible HORRIBLE things went on... (i acualy am a fan of the history channel 2... so i always watch those things)

i think dave ment to say herpies not aids when you made that comment thing (after the 30% thing)

something that i hate yet completely and totaly understand is the money thing... Making something to help you with a sickness makes you TONS of money... making a cure... screws you over! once everyone is curred... your product isnt the most popular thing ever unless its those once a year shot things then your good! haha

i take very little seriosly so dont take everything i say seriosly... you did and you ended up well... getting angerd for no reason... i say what i truely think (somewhat besides the jokes) BUT i realize... i could never make ANYTHING like that happen... id have to start with something VERY subtle to even get half way there before i DIED... well i could go all hitler he did it pretty fast but im not that determined... i just get slightly disgruntle when people complain... about being stupid... i mean honistly i dont screw or fool around with ANYONE until they are tested (what a wonderful 2nd date aye?) that makes it great! its one less thing to worry about plus.... no condom needed (lube needed cuz that HURTS w/o it but yea ...ok in a homogay boy relationship)

oh wells im like between watching full metal/Dirt and talking ta 3 diff people so my mind is deff not on this but yea

hope you had fun reading my post sorry if you took it as moree then what it was

2. TriBi

Well, I'm coming into this one rather late (have been very busy with work, so little time in the past day or few).

Dave, rather eloquently, made most of the points I was going to...but I will address one thing in your most recent post.

This rather reinforces the thought I had that you need to do a great deal more research before you start throwing around opinions that appear to be VERY poorly informed - and could well be dangerously so for your own personal safety.

If I am reading correctly, I believe you are saying that, once a partner is tested, it is safe to have unprotected sex with them?

Have you ever checked on how long the incubation period for HIV can be?
    There are varying estimates, but the one in the following link is probably about what is most generally accepted:
    http://www.stdresource.com/concern/c1_d_3_a.php
    To quote:
    HIV
    The window period for HIV is usually 2 weeks to 3 months, but could be up to 6 months.

That said - if you do some research, you will find some cases documented where the incubation period is believed to be in YEARS.

So - you think it is safe to have unprotected sex with a partner tonight if they tested negative this morning...sorry...think again! I suggest you take a long hard look at that link (given that it has some concise and useful info about a variety of STDs).

For your own safety - and also to enable you to be able to debate a topic in a more effective way (using verifiable facts, rather than what comes across as baseless prejudice) - I would suggest you invest some time in investigating the whole issue of HIV/AIDS in much greater depth.

3. GuitarGirl1350

Umm. Okay. Yeah.
    Joking? Holocaust?
    Not exactly Jimmy Kimmel material.

...the fact that you're changing everything you've said doesn't exactly make me inclined to believe you, either.

#23 GuitarGirl1350, Feb 14, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  4. Jerr

sorry i dont do anything with anyone until i know them for a long time... just cuz i get them tested doesnt mean i go fuck the day after the results come back that would be slutty... and im sorry you see me as slutty ...i get to know them as in past... past sex partners... and sence im paranoid i dont believe them... i check around... yes i still have a chance to get it and if i do... well ill live (for a shorter time then origonaly guessed but still ill live) and not spread it how awsome would that be!

i have a very very mean sence of humor if you havent discoverd this by now... if you dislike it i suggest you dont read anything that could possibly contain my humor in it... im the type of person who well i laughed my ass off when my history teacher told us about how they use 2 build tunnels... with the china men... yea its harsh but i duno it made me laugh...

oh i hate jimmy kimmel by the way i think hes pretty welll.... boring... so does that mean you think im exciting and acualy funny?

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Ok, as i am quite the passivist for the most part i will refrain from any personal attacks as per my moral code and the moderators requests, however i find it highly unsettling that you find this conversation unworthy of a change in your attitude.

This thread has obviously escaladed into something quite serious and your ability, or rather your will to cope with that change is imparative. Your unflattering humor and statement to not take you seriously is quite contradictorary of this discussion.

My advice, step up to the plate and change your attitude because otherwise no one will ever listen to what you say in the real world and although you don't value people taking you seriously, one day it may mean your life. This type of attitude is what puts people in burger joints until the ends of their days. I mean this not as an insult but a warning.

6. Jerr

you think that working in a burger joint is a bad thing? thats not nice! some people in burger joints work hard how rude! (teehee i know thats not what you ment but you said it so yea)

well if someone wont take me seriosly its not reallly my problem... i may not have done it on here but generaly i help people.... its sad... i do... not exactly something expected but it is true... tried to stop but it didnt work... gave GREAT advice... it acualy is so great that people acualy say what i say to others when others are having problems... they deal with the crap i say and some of my more narrow/evil ideas to wait for the great helping ones... you might have to do the same if you wanna bother with it... or dont and just ignore me... doesnt really effect me in any way shape or form yo!

well... the RED thing and my schools thing is dieing down so my anger is dieing down... i mean insted of having an uber everyone must help africa and if you dont we will guilt trip you type of thing into what it shoudl be... a charity... you choose to give because you are a good person not because you are guilt tripped (true the charity doesnt care WHY you are giving just that you are giving and its helping their cause)

im on to something else that pisses me off well 2 things... welfare for those who dont need it and illigal immigrants or whatev... but hell i cant talk abotu that now...

CHARMED IS ON!!! and iv seen the episode but im still watching it (i havent looked at over half the things iv typed which would explane alot of the wierd looking things.... although i misspell most words on my own so no excuse for that)

HAVE FUN!!!

7. GuitarGirl1350

No. That's not what I meant at all. Don't flatter yourself. You know it isn't.
    I'm seriously holding back right now so I don't get mod-tacked.

8. Jerr

i even said i know its not what you ment... i knew it wasnt.... i tried to make a giggle out of it and well i giggled (cuz i thought of the word giggle and it always makes me giggle)

9. Micah

*charges tazer*

10. TriBi

^ Don't worry GG - I think he's joking...

11. William1

I am with you Guitar Girl, and I haven't written in this thread coz I'm sure I'll get banned for what I want to say. Like "there's no point in keeping people alive, coz they will only make more people like themselves, so let them suffer and die..." is a really cool philosophy, isn't it! :rolleyes:

12. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Be very careful Jerr, many people get killed or kill themselves over jokes that only the teller laughs at. In fact it's the reason why bullies still exist. No calling you a bully (not in this post at least) but some comments are meant to stay in your head. For your own safety and the wellbeing of others. Consider this next time please.

Laughs heartily...then stops to ponder if Dave was serious.....*backs away slowly*

Agreed. Thats all i can say without raising my blood pressure.

13. AnimeFan4Ever

In Indianapolis now, I hope to move to Los Angeles
    Yeah AIDS is an improtant issue in this country but Africa has an extremely large portion of the population with AIDS, even then, unlike the US, they don't have an as good economy and educational system so they can't really be informed about this acedemic and be tested or treated for this when they may not know any way of knowing they have it or could get it.

14. >_> I could be really mean.
    And talk about how some of the things you said make me a mad.

But, all I will say is that when it comes to something as big as aids.
    The bigger and wealthier countries have a duty to at least try to help and make a difference.

Especially in very undeveloped countries such as africa.
    Who can't really do much for themselves....
    And don't have the complete knowledge and understanding as more developed countries do.

Just like the genocide that happened there in Rawanda almost 15 years ago.
    We looked the other way.
    And then stepped in when it was too late.

Even if these people and others in our country have aids, it doesn't make them any less human.

Thats all I'm gonna say. U_U

15. But I do agree that people who spread aids and other STD's without telling their partner about it is a very shitty thing to do.

16. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Medicine solves probelms and people need problems to make money. The health industires will not cure AIDs, independent groups who need to beg for money and grants from the Governments who are lobbied by heath industires are the ones who will make and are making the discoveries...(iorny much?).

I for one and tierd of donating money to groups who give them to governments in Africa who then use that money to not solve probelms but to make them. A lot of corrupt governments. I dont like it. We have been donating money for years to inform people but when it comes down to it they:

1: Ignore the issue because sex is taboo
    2: Governments make it too hard to do anything
    3: Some of the people just don't care

I feel bad for them, yes but that is why they need massive donation because Governments cant keep spending on countries who's leaders and citizens just "don't get it."

Stop donating to cure and feed the hungry. Support WW3 and Special OPs (or something along those lines) to get the leaches who are in government replaced with poor hungry leaders who know what is feels like to loose someone due to hunger or AIDS. We have enough money in wepons reasearch to do so quietly. Then we might be getting somehwere.

17. Coldflame

Just want to point out that you contradict yourself. You talk about how being horny can cloud your judgment and can cause you to engage in "wrongful" sexual behaviour, but then get upset about people with herpes having sex...

18. Miles D

Every one deserves the same treatment for diseases, but they can't all get the same treatment. Organ donor lists have the young, healthier, non-smoking people on the top, and the old, really sick, ailment-ridden farts at the bottom. Fair? No. But it makes sense.

As for the spreading of the diseases/infections, YES, everyone should be more careful, but where we need to start is with education in schools, not thirty years later when they have been screwing random people without condoms for upwards of fifteen years.
    Educate and prevent, rather than treating or managing the illness after you've got it.

19. MusicIsLife

Everyone else who has posted pretty much took the words out of my mouth, but I will put my two cents in anyway.

Jerr, I disagree. [well, obviously.]

Africa for sure deserves treatment for HIV/AIDS above every other place on earth. Why? the disease is so rampant there I think they deserve it. Plus I don't think you see too many infants/young children in the UK/Canada/US/etc with the virus.

This is not to say i don't care about the spreading of the virus in other places, but compared to a lot of other places, Africa is a helluva lot less developed, and from what i know Condoms and other forms of protection aren't as widely available.

It is frustrating that a lot of AIDS donation charities focus only on Africa. I do think that It should focus on the worldwide population, but as I said earlier, Africa is in the most need of it, and I don't think that it would be morally right to keep an antidote/cure/whatever you wanna call it fromt he rest of the world's population and give it out in Africa only, when they do find a cure that is.

As for isolating the disease, ARE YOU NUTS?! Thats just cruel.

Okay, I'm done.

20. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

okay i see where Jerr is coming from. I have thought these same thoughts and actually have some of the same antagonistic posting styles lol.

I have a couple questions:

Would a baby who was concieved from a parent who has aids automatically have it?
    -i thought that with a c-section it could be prevented because the baby is still in the "sack" thing lol.

I have never met anyone who i knew had AIDS, what are some of the signs?